Sunday, September 6, 2009

Day 7

The road trip went on for a day. Thinking that I would find some nice place to sleep, but it's been hours and I haven't slept yet. I kept driving down the silent road. It's been a week since I woke up to be the last man on earth. I pulled over and take a leak. The night's dark. I readied my gun, slid it in my pants while I relieve myself. After that, I thought that this would be a long night. I grabbed a can of coffee from the back of the truck and open it. I took a short sip. Looking up at the eerie sky, the darkness fills my heart. When will I find the next human. The longer I go on this trip, the more crazier my mind becomes. It's already playing tricks on me once and I don't want it to be like this again.

I drove down the road. Silence fills the atmosphere. I decided to take out my I-pod and start playing some songs. The track plays "I'll Be There" by Michael Jackson. A nostalgic song from the old days. I remembered listening to this song when I was a kid. I drove down the road while singing the song. My body aches. It's been a while. I kept driving and driving. All of a sudden, something jumped out in front of the car. I got the shock of my life and tried my best to avoid it but then I lost control of the pickup and it hit a ditch. I got banged violently. With mild pain, I blacked out.

"Jim! Wake up!" a voice called out. "Jim! Jim!" I tried to look at it. The same figure from my previous dream. Why this again? "Jim!" the figure called out to me. She stretched her hand as if to ask me to hold it. I tried to reach it. I kept running towards it but the more I run towards her, the further she is. I kept running. Running and panting. I ran and ran. Not looking back or anywhere. Trying to reach for the figure. The feeling of this futile run. It's as if I'll be on an endless path. But I can't stop running. I ran and ran and ran. The figure starts getting closer and closer. I jumped out to her. My fingers barely touching hers and I fell into that deep pit again. Darkness fills the world. The figure disappears.

No comments:

Post a Comment